Blog Post #8

    Working on the web design assignment was different than our previous assignments. The Weebly software is different from anything I've used before, so it was slightly difficult for me to get used to it. I tried to stick to the CRAP design principles while working on the assignment and this made the experience a little easier. I did this by sticking with 2-3 design fonts, ensuring that there was high contrast, and considering alignment and proximity. I liked having to use a software that I wasn't familiar with because it was something new but if we would've had a little more experience with it beforehand it may have been easier. However, I'm glad that I did this assignment because now I technically know how to create a website.

Mr. Brown's 5th Grade Website - Home Page (weebly.com)

    Diigo is a very useful website for research and bookmarking. I'm very fond of the highlighting and "sticky note" features as they can automatically link others in your Diigo to whatever you want. In my opinion, the website itself isn't the most visually appealing or easy to use. However, with enough time and practice, Diigo can be used in classrooms for student to read certain articles, leading discussion, and sharing ideas.

    Although I believe that there should be more help for teachers when it comes to adopting new technologies in classrooms, it is important for teachers to be somewhat knowledgeable about how to generally use technology. For older or teacher who have almost never used complex technology and software, it could seem to be very difficult to grasp. However, we've seen the stress that this inexperience can bring to teachers and students from the Covid-19 pandemic when everything was transitioned to online learning. In order to prevent this, it's important that we stay ahead of the curve by keeping up with the advances in modern technology and the link below is a website that may be beneficial to that goal.

Classroom Technology (edweek.org)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #9