Blog Post #9

     My overall experience with EME2040 has been very positive. I like how interactive and inclusive we are in our classroom and having an assignment to do almost every day keeps me on my toes. I wouldn't say that there's anything that I dislike about our class. As a teacher, I think that it's important to ensure that every student feels involved. I know it's harder than it sounds but, that's something I'd aim for as a teacher.

    Open educational resources (OER) are educational resources that people can have access to typically through online means. Educators usually have access to OER repositories which are libraries holding lessons, books, open images, module building tools, and more. I recently found an initiative by Tallahassee Community College to promote OERs in order for instructors to use them instead of high-cost instructional materials. There's a quite lengthy process, however, I think this is a great initiative because I'm familiar with how difficult it may be to have to pay for books out of pocket. 

    Since I had previously used Microsoft PowerPoint, using it for this assignment wasn't very difficult. Having the tutorials and rubric posted on Canvas is very helpful though as it made it easy to ensure that I had everything I needed and helped me figure out how to use the SmartArt feature. There wasn't necessarily anything that I disliked about the assignment itself. Although I wish there was a little more time in between this assignment and the previous one rather than just a week. However, we've missed a good number of classes due to natural events and inconveniences, so I understand how our schedule may have been affected. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #8