Blog Post #3

     Copyright can be defined as a form of secure ownership over any intellectual property. This means that the owner has the right to own, share, distribute, or do what they want with it. Fair use somewhat meets in the middle with copyrighted work as it allows individuals to use others' work with limited expressions and also for nonprofit educational purposes. As a teacher, I would ensure that any material I find that isn't my own would be subject to fair use and instruct my students to do the same. Students work on many projects such as vision boards, PowerPoints, and presentations so it's crucial that they understand the significance of things such as this.

    Many issues lie within technology implementation but cyberbullying and lack of funding are the most personally important to me. Cyberbullying can mentally bring children down inside and outside of the classroom and can lead to other negative activities. Narrowing the opportunity for cyberbullying such as supervision over chat between individuals, lowering screen time, and punishment are suitable methods that I believe would decrease cyberbullying. Many high-poverty areas are subject to a lack of funding, and I think that requesting grants from the government, signing petitions, and public speaking may be able to help with that.

    Some of the skills I acquired from the Newsletter Design assignment were how to use word-art, implementing an email link, and the portion instructing how to create a permission slip. They weren't hard to do but I'm grateful that Ms. Kim included the instructions on how to use them because it made things less complicated. However, with future assignments, I'd like to dedicate more time towards them in order to leave room for mistakes and editing. Not to say that I was rushing, but I noticed that I would somewhat get frustrated if I did something incorrectly or if I didn't know how to do certain things. I'm looking forward to the future assignments because hopefully they'll give me an opportunity to hone my skills and maintain them for the future in case of a situation like this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #8

Blog Post #9