Blog Post #4

     I chose the K-2nd grade Computer Science Communications Systems and Computing Standard 1: modeling and simulations. This standard is immediately implemented after the students learn how to use digital tools for basic communication, collaboration, and research. It's based on understanding models and simulations that deal with real-world situations. I would feel comfortable implementing this standard because it mainly includes basic topics such as human health, growth, or the butterfly cycle. 

    On the CPALMs website, I chose a 3rd-grade math source named "Fly Me to the Moon: Multiplication and Division" which was created by Lucy Lorden. This tool is an interactive tutorial with multiple steps based on space travel to assist 3rd graders with their multiplication and division skills. It lasts about 20 minutes and I found it to be pretty helpful. I'd use it in my classroom to entertain students by letting them use their imagination as well as sharpening their math skills at the same time.

    I believe it's important to be proficient in internet searching as an instructor because, at face value, things on the internet may seem great and easy to use but sometimes it's deeper than that. What I mean by this is that sometimes you can't be too sure about what you can share or use for your own work until you do some more under-the-surface research. The internet searching skill that I wasn't aware of was adding a "-" symbol followed by a word regarding a subject that you may want to leave out of your search. I'm not sure what this feature is named, but I found it to be very useful because you can get very specific searches. I can't think of any internet searching features that were left out but I'm looking forward to learning more about them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #8

Blog Post #9