Blog post #7

    For this assignment, I revisited the website of the high school I graduated from, and I instantly noticed a good number of changes from a few years ago. Although teachers don't have their own individual pages, there is still plenty of information about the different academic departments. The website has basic information about the school such as its history, alma mater, policies, and how to enroll. Due to it being a magnet school, each student must be enrolled in at least one program such as biomedical science, law, culinary arts, or IT, and complete it to graduate. There is also contact information for all the staff as well as a list of who is in charge of each academic or extracurricular department. 

    There are a few tools I could envision myself using in my potential teaching career. However, the two tools in particular that first come to mind are the interactive display boards and the virtual reality headset that we used in the Tech Sandbox. The interactive display board is a great way to have multiple students work on the same or different assignments and have fun while doing it. The VR headset also seems like a great way to give students a realistic learning experience. If these interactive tools had been present while I was in grade school, I feel as if I would have enjoyed learning with them.

     I found working on assignment 2 to be very simple and straightforward. I like how you could work on different pages of assignments at the same time, and it would update on each device. The only somewhat negative I could say about the Canvas group is that it seems very basic. However, it could make sense if that's the intention of Canvas since its work is probably meant to stay on the platform and not get printed or exported elsewhere. I'm not 100% sure if these functions exist, but they would be very useful. Also, it would be beneficial if there was a tutorial on how to use the group functions.


American Senior High – Home of the Patriots (americanshs.net)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #8

Blog Post #9